I accidentally let us run out of our favorite Thieves Foaming Soap because I neglected to put it on my last Essential Rewards order. Since I’m not planning to place my big order for a few more weeks I decided to make my own foaming hand soap to hold us over, and it was really easy and came out great!
I found these inexpensive glass foaming soap dispensers on Amazon Prime and had them within 48 hours. (Gotta love Amazon Prime!) They are sold in packs of two, so I got the one that had one clear glass bottle and one frosted glass bottle. I already had a a couple big bottles of Dr. Bronner’s unscented liquid castille soap and lots and lots of Young Living essential oils to choose from, so I just needed to run to the store for some organic vegetable glycerin and distilled water. Want to make your own foaming hand soap? First gather your ingredients.
You will need:
- Glass foaming soap dispenser (like these)
- Distilled water
- Vegetable Glycerin (I got this kind from Sprouts)
- Essential oils of your choice (get them here)
- Liquid castille soap (I love Dr. Bronner’s baby unscented for this)
- Fill your foaming soap dispenser about 5/6 full of distilled water. Important: Pour the water *before* you add the soap to prevent premature foaming and a big ‘ole mess. Ask me how I know.
- Add a big squirt of vegetable glycerin. This is optional but recommended as it will act as a natural moisturizer to keep your hands nice and soft. 🙂
- Add 20 or so drops of pure essential oil. For my clear bottle I used about 10 drops of Thieves essential oil blend and 10 drops of tangerine essential oil because I wanted a strong smell. In my other bottle I used lavender and sage because I really like the combination of floral and herbal. You can play around with this to find what you like best. This is the fun part!
- Fill the rest of the dispenser with your liquid castille soap, making sure to leave room for the pump! You don’t want to spill your precious essential oils on the counter! (Again, ask me how I know.)
- Screw on your pump and gently mix everything together. Enjoy your DIY all natural foaming hand soap! Let me know if you try this by taking a picture on Instagram and tagging us @thejoyfuloilers. Get creative and have fun! Thanks for reading guys!
p.s.- DIY not your jam? No worries. Young Living has got you covered. My family’s favorite is the Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, hence why I recreated it above (with my own twist!) You can get that here: https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/thieves-foaming-hand-soap It’s cheaper if you become a wholesale member first, which you can do by clicking here.