I love, love, LOVE making my own DIY linen sprays with my essential oils. I use them to quickly freshen a room, my car, bed linens, towels, you name it. One of the first DIY essential oil sprays I ever made was a sleepy time spray for my kiddos using lavender essential oil. Sprays are really easy to make and you can play around with different oils, but for simplicity’s sake here is how you make a basic DIY lavender linen spray.
You will need:
- A 2 oz glass spray bottle (like these)
- Lavender essential oil (like the one you get in your Premium Starter Kit)
- Organic witch hazel (I use this kind)
- Distilled water
- Add 8-12 drops of lavender essential oil to a 2 oz glass spray bottle.
- Add a good squirt (about 1 tsp or so) of witch hazel to the bottle. (This acts as an emulsifier so that the water and essential oil can mix together.)
- Very carefully fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water. I like to use the small water dispenser that came with my Aria diffuser.
- Give it a good shake before every use. Spray your pillows, sheets, or room to your heart’s content. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading, friend! By for now. 🙂